Sunday, April 15, 2012

Creative Clipboards

Hi everyone! 

While at a scrappin' retreat last year the hostess gave us a challenge.  Throughout the weekend she continuously gave us small little gifts...all with a Christmas theme.  When Sunday came we were asked to use all of our small gifts to create a fabulous clipboard.  I thought she was slighly crazy but I'm never one to shy away from a challenge.  The rules were simple....you must use at least seven of the gifts provided but that could also include packaging etc.  After lunch, we had a vote for the best clipboard which was won by yours truly!  I absolutely loved my clipboard and immediately ran out to buy clipboards to decorate....so here is some pics of what I've been up to!

 This is the "award winning" Christmas Clipboard...not too functional with the bells etc but awesome as a wall hanging to help with the Christmas spirit!  The paper, ribbons, bells, stocking stamp, countdown list, gingerbread men, brads, pointsettia, flowers and tags were all part of the gifts we received!


 Soooo....I love the Safety Queen Clipboard, again designed solely for the purpose of hanging on the wall of my friends office.  I just made this one today as a little joke to give her tomorrow....On Friday someone dubbed her the Safety Queen and I just thought that was too clever not to capture!  I made the crown and "safety queen" title using the Sophisticated Cricut Cartridge and my gypsy.  The crown was cut at 5" and I used my gypsy to weld together the letters of Safety Queen - cut at 1.5" except the "Q" as I wanted it a bit bigger so it is 1.8".


So this clipboard was made for my co-worker Dayle.  She loves anything oriental and thought this was perfect for her.  It is 100% functional and she uses it everyday.  I used Modpodge to help protect it from the everyday usage (hence the flash reflection)....On the backside it has more oriental symbols and a few chinese lanterns......She loves it!  I made all of the cut outs using the Pagoda Cricut Cartridge....I can't remember what sizes I uses as I made this one a few months back.

Ok.....so get creative ladies!  Decorate a clipboard and feel free to link it up to here!  I'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for the challenge Linda @ Scrappin' Buddies!  I'm loving the clipboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment