Monday, September 10, 2012

Craft Nook Card Swap #2

My local craft store is hosting another card swap and although I most certainly do not need any more cards around here I just can't help but participate.  I just love seeing what all of the ladies are up to and what there art work looks like.  Not to mention that it gives me ideas for my card making as well.  During the last card class I made a confession that I never thought that I would.  I, Tammy Orr, have become a card maker.  I used to always think that card making was a waste of time as cards just get tossed after the occassion......yet here I am.....a full fledge card maker!  Not sure when or how it happened but it did!

So here is the card that I came up with for the swap this time around.....the only requirement was that I had to use some type of border punch....




I found a tutorial online on how to make the side step card and once I made one the rest was easy.
click here to see the instructions on how to make the card base:
Side Step Card Base Tutorial

I used my trusty cricut to create the pumpkins and the scarecrow.  The pumpkins are found on Create a Critter and I "hid" the faces on my gypsy before cutting them.  The scarecrow is found on celebrate with flourish and I used a Peachy Keen face stamp for his face.  I used the fisckers grass border punch to create the grass. 

I hope the ladies like it......I sure had fun making them!

Until next time,

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment