Friday, June 22, 2012

Halloween Layout

Good evening everyone and happy Friday!

I thought I would post a layout that I finished up this week that I thought was super cool.  I'm not much for halloween scrapbooking as my boys are getting out of that age now but I couldn't resist making this one.....



This page was made entirely on my gypsy which is something I had never done before.  I started by using a 12 x 24 mat and started adding elements to it as I would like to see them sized on my pages.  After I had everything all planned out I then created a new layer for each colour that I was going to be using.  From there I just copy and pasted each element onto the appropriate colour tab and voila....the layout was ready to cut.  This really helped out as I was able to just load the mat a few times instead of stopping and starting as I design in my head like I normally would.  I even got the rectangles for the photo mats included on the layout so that I could see exactly what my page would consist of.

I used a few cartridges for this layout.  Much of the halloween elements and house is found on the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  I used Paper Doll dress up for the skeleton and mummy and I used another cartridge (pooh and friends I think) for the clouds.  The moon is just a circle cut from George and Basic Shapes.  I love how this turned out!  I'm sorry the pic is a tad blurry but you get the idea =)

Thanks for stopping in!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment